2020 CABA Foundation Scholarship Opportunities
Are you someone who loves aviation? Do you want to be a pilot, aircraft technician, flight attendant, scheduler/dispatcher, or airport manager? Are you currently a student or a professional that is on the path but needs some support to move forward?
The Colorado Aviation Business Association and its Foundation want to help make your dreams come true!
On this page you will find the scholarship eligibility criteria for 2020.
The purpose of the scholarships is to provide funding to students and professionals who are looking to start or continue their training and/or education in Aviation, with an expressed pathway to General and Business Aviation (not the airlines).
Scholarship amount and awarding will be based on the defined need of the applicant, not to exceed $3,000. Applying for the scholarship The following are required by the Education/Outreach Committee to determine the awarding of the 2020 CABA Foundation scholarships:
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Colorado. A valid Colorado driver’s license may need to be documented in order to provide proof of the applicant’s residency.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate that the scholarship will be used for continued aviation training at an institution based in Colorado.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher, if the applicant is a full time student. If applicant is not a full time student, a resume is required.
- Completed CABA Student Scholarship Form (Download here).
- Definition of training or schooling that the scholarship will be used for - may be included in the essay.
- Two (2) Letters of Reference.
- A copy of current resume/transcript.
- ONE Essay of 250 words or less on the following Topic: Why do you desire a career in business aviation? Be specific as to the field of study you wish to you enter.
Application materials must be submitted to the CABA Foundation Scholarship Committee via electronic format:
Subject line: 2020 CABA Foundation Scholarship Fund
EXTENDED APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5:00 PM MST Thursday, December 31, 2020
Scholarship awards will be presented in person in January 2021. Winners will be notified of the details.
If you have questions or would like to speak to someone directly, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone in the CABA Foundation Scholarship Committee will get back to you.